Tuesday, March 6, 2012

After reading Atahualpa Yupanqui's El Mito del Viento...The Myth of the Wind, I felt the urge to visit a loved one who has passed away this last summer...just like the wind...as his life blew by I was lucky just to be a wrinkle in his time...My grandpa, was a man whom I've always looked up too, a man of honor and respect....whom I only became close to in his last years on this planet...Although I know his love was always infinitely there. As I payed my respects...I saw a image of a horse on a tomb stone near by his...this image instantly spoke to me...I could resist taking a picture...which then lead me to see the reflection of the grass mirrored on the black stone. This translated into a surreal meaning to me...that my grandpa's spirit...the horse...is always with me here on earth...the grass. I decided to paint this reflection...and later that evening I had an paranormal experience. I believe my grandpa came to visit me...as I went to bed I felt a presence near...as if someone was there in the corner of my eye...and about a hour later, while I was sleeping I get woken up by my Pandora music player comes one...with the song "Miracle" by OceanLab. I was in shock...a bit scared and weird-ed out..but also I new I wasn't in harms way. I am very grateful for that visit from my grandpa, since that song and in that moment of my life all seemed to make sense...a feeling of being content, at peace, no fear, no worries, to just be in the moment...just like the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Good set of connections--I'm glad the final feeling was one of being content--and of release...

    ReplyDelete