Monday, March 19, 2012




The song "El Pajarillo," Yaraví, has allowed me to reflect my emotions in my work in such a dramatic visual setting. The deep heart penetrating words "Por que con tanto rigor has castigado mi amor?" ..."Oh why have you punished me, With such sternness, my love?" Listening to these words, the song, brought up emotions that I tend to keep locked away from the world. I am only still discovering the powerful journey of love, to be "in-love"...to love one so much, that their emotions leave one in a bind, a twisted push and pull of emotional exchange. This battle does make me feel like "my shadow will go missing, when the heat of the sun brings you fatigue." Love is a powerful, blissful exchange of energy, but this love can so easily turn into hate, pain, sorrow...something so sweet can turn sour...why do our hearts allow this bio-polarity to occur?...without this duality...would 'Love' need to be redefined? Could love only be ecstatic...only full of positive vibrations?....but without the negativity that occurs with love...where one feels like their heart is being ripped out..or their pulling on the others...creating pain in one's life...when our actions affect the emotions of another so intensely....that it burns......what is love then? This emotional roller-coaster called 'love'... why would anyone want to board this train?...For the thrills, laughs, cries? There may never be a explanation of why we go through all the struggles of being 'in-love' with someone...but I know even though my heart may feel punished, I am at bliss simultaneously...because how precious it is to be 'in-love'...a feeling that is priceless...words only can hint at what this intangible entity is...but we are lucky to have songs like "El Pajarillo" that come close to expressing 'LOVE'

 


1 comment:

  1. When you write these in Spanish, you're going to be a full-time Argentina, my dear! (by which I mean, pondering these questions in such an open fashion--openly stated... Makes me relaize how much of this there is in the songs!

    Regarding the photos--I'd have said let one of them be larger, with smaller ones to provide facets. When all are the same, it takes away from the singularity of what you made!

    ReplyDelete